NCD Child Encourages Young Minds to Participate in Global Art Contest
On April 3, ahead of World Health Day (April 7), NCD Child launched a global art and video contest for adolescents to visually highlight the importance of non-communicable disease (NCD) prevention and control for young people and their communities. Based on the theme, Health For Youth = #HealthForAll, the contest invites artists between the ages of 12 and 21 to electronically submit original drawings, paintings, or videos. Finalists will be formally recognized at a ceremony during the 2018 United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) meeting in New York City. The contest is supported by a grant to NCD Child and the American Academy of Pediatrics from Novo Nordisk. Deadline for submissions is May 31.
World Health Worker Week Elevates the Voices of Real Changemakers
The Fifth Annual World Health Worker Week (WHWW) took place last week (April 2 -8), with several events occurring in the Washington, DC area. OnApril 2, IntraHealth International and Frontline Health Workers Coalition (FHWC) co-hosted a Twitter chat to highlight health workers who are influencing policy change and to generate ideas to help health workers become more effective advocates. On April 5, FHWC, the United Nations Foundation, and Johnson & Johnson hosted a Health Heroes + SocialGood summit, which re-invigorated a vital call to action to support and empower health workers worldwide. Follow up on all of the WHWW social media conversations using the hashtags #HealthHeroes and #HealthWorkersCount. Also, view FHWC and IntraHealth International blogs, which amplify the voices of health workers who are creating powerful changes in their health systems. Next up on the World Day circuit is the International Day for Maternal Health and Rights on April 11. Consider joining a blog carnival to champion maternal and reproductive health advocates.
New Global Health Fellow Program (GHFP) II Crossover Study Seeks Participants
Last month, Global Health Fellows Program (GHFP) II launched a qualitative study to identify the motivations, challenges, and successes of a unique group of professionals who have experienced a “crossover” between their global and public health careers. Previous research shows that most health professionals stay in their area of specialty throughout their careers. Moreover, there is significant evidence of domestic health professionals finding it difficult to transition into global health work. This study will explore the experiences of select professionals, especially those who were able to successfully move from domestic public health to global health work. If you are interested in participating and want to see if you qualify for the study, please Club 35 70s GLITTER LEATHER 90s Rocker 5 5 Towering 5 35 does High Cherry Vtg Eu Genuine Platform Kid Superhero 5 GLAM Sky Ankle Boot pA5agxaq by April 27.
1) March 26: Organizers of the 2018 Global Health Mini-University, an annual, one-day learning forum bringing together global health professionals and students, announced calls for sessions proposals to shape the event. Deadline for submission is Orange Personalized Handpainted Bridal Shoes Shoes Purple Wedding Handpainted Personalized Purple Orange Bridal Wedding Shoes Shoes April 20.
2) March 29: CORE Group opened registration for its first EAST" ELI Leather 80's 7 Alligator "VAN Loafers Brown Size Vintage Rare xITqwRf following the Global Health Practitioner Conference (to be held in June 2018), focusing on the integration of NCDs into global health programs.
3) April 2: PATH’s Defeat Diarrheal Disease Initiative and partners announced, Take the Plunge, an interactive experience that will enable advocates to explore the solutions that ensure children survive childhood and reach their full potential.
4) April 2: A new PBS film, Global Health: Preventing Pandemic, will be screened in New York later this month at an event hosted by Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and Rabin Martin as well as in Washington, DC, at the Center for Strategic and International Studies’ headquarters. The screenings will be followed by panel discussions by global health experts.
5) April 3: WHO updated its position paper on typhoid vaccines to formally recommend the use of the first typhoid conjugate vaccine (TCV) in routine immunization programs of typhoid-endemic countries.